When you are out and about or walking along the road, stay alert for criminals who might use bikes/mopeds or e-scooters to snatch phones/valuables. Thieves often target people who are distracted, so keeping your valuables including your mobile phone and other devices hidden ensures you’re more alert.
- When out and about – be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert when walking along the road for criminals who might use bikes/mopeds or e-scooters to snatch phones/valuables.
- Try not to walk along with your phone or valuables on show.
- Earbuds/Headphones can be a distraction.
- Plan your route and use forms of transport that others are using and avoid shortcuts in isolated places.
If you witness a robbery or know of any information you can report it online.
Alternatively you can report it 100% anonymously at Fearless.org, part of Crimestoppers.